Research Operations Program Manager
Full-time, Remote, Exempt
How to apply
To apply or nominate a candidate, please send a resume and a brief cover letter highlighting a past project that seems relevant to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Ops PM” in the subject line. This position is open until filled, with an initial application deadline of October 18, 2021. Candidate review and phone screens begin immediately and will be conducted throughout the search period.
About Rewiring America
Rewiring America is a growing nonprofit working to launch a movement that electrifies everything, starting with our 121 million households. We are motivated by the fact that 90 percent of all emissions in the U.S. are energy related and 42 percent of those energy emissions come from the decisions we make in our homes: how we heat our air and water, cook our food, and dry our clothes, and what kind of cars we drive. Through accurate, accessible, and actionable data and storytelling tools that power smart, inclusive advocacy and market-transforming partnerships, Rewiring America aims to achieve national emissions goals, improve our health, lower monthly bills, and create millions of clean energy jobs. Our firm belief is that the electrification of the economy -- starting with understanding the American household as the keystone of our infrastructure -- is the most equity-centered way to address the climate crisis. We are focused on transforming the market, with the urgency required to meet the moment we are in and to take advantage of the vast opportunity in front of us.
The Opportunity and Position Summary
With a clear vision, smart strategies, and significant and sustained financial support, Rewiring America is growing rapidly. As a newly-created position, the Research Operations Program Manager is principally responsible for ensuring that Rewiring America’s research projects run smoothly and cohesively on the desired and most impactful timeline. This position reports to the Head of Data and Research, Sam Calisch.
What You’ll Do
Assist Head of Data & Research
- Work to identify key opportunities and scope resources necessary to complete them.
- Track relevant research efforts from external organizations, identifying gaps, misinformation and opportunities for coordination and collaboration.
- Help shape and deliver on long-term vision for Rewiring America research.
Manage Research Operations
- Coordinate between Rewiring America research team and the rest of the organization to align and execute objectives on stated timelines.
- Report research team’s progress to the rest of the organization and partner organizations.
- Manage inbound requests and inquiries, ensuring timely and consistent responses.
Manage Research Team
- Manage a growing team of individual contributors.
- Track project progress within the Rewiring America research team.
- Identify progress blocks and help solve them.
Who You Are
The incoming Research Operations Program Manager will be driven by their belief in and commitment to Rewiring America’s values, vision, and mission. The successful candidate embraces the dynamism of doing big things and demonstrates humility, empathy, and an appetite for bringing order from chaos. We are looking for a highly organized and driven individual, someone who recognizes that the stakes of what we are trying to accomplish depend on a high-functioning, passionate, and trusting team. We hope to see a track record of managing interdisciplinary work with successful delivery on project aims, especially those which are public facing with a broad group of stakeholders.
As Research Operations Program Manager, you would play a critical role in Rewiring America as it evolves from its start-up phase into a mature organization, joining a fast-paced team that operates with a sense of urgency. The Research Operations Program Manager would take ownership of managing all the operations involved in research and ensuring successful and timely delivery. Rewiring America has the opportunity to take our work to the next level and seeks a team with ambition, determination, and the ability to instill confidence, trust, and inspiration.
We are looking for the following Core and Preferred qualifications:
- Strong commitment to the mission, policies and goals of Rewiring America.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Minimum 3-5 years of project management experience.
- Program management experience, including with growing teams.
- Robust and compassionate organizational style.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree or equivalent experience / certification.
- Content knowledge in climate, renewable energy, and/or building electrification.
- Experience managing distributed collaboration and teams across time zones.
Commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Rewiring America values diversity in all its forms and is committed to inclusive and transparent recruitment, hiring and promotion processes. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rewiring America is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Windward Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward Fund ‘s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
The salary range for this position is $90,000-120,000 commensurate with experience. Rewiring America also offers a very generous and competitive benefits package, including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid vacation, sick time and holidays and access to professional development resources.