Program Manager - Coalitions
How to apply
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: "Rewiring America Program Manager - Coalitions".
This position is available immediately; Rewiring America will accept and review new applications until filled.
About Rewiring America
Rewiring America is a growing nonprofit working to launch a movement that electrifies everything, starting with our 121 million households. We are motivated by the fact that 90 percent of all emissions in the U.S. are energy related and 42 percent of those energy emissions come from the decisions we make in our homes: how we heat our air and water, cook our food, and dry our clothes, and what kind of cars we drive. Through accurate, accessible, and actionable data and storytelling tools that power smart, inclusive advocacy and market-transforming partnerships, Rewiring America aims to achieve national emissions goals, improve our health, lower monthly bills, and create millions of clean energy jobs. Our firm belief is that the electrification of the economy -- starting with understanding the American household as the keystone of our infrastructure -- is the most equity-centered way to address the climate crisis. We are focused on transforming the market, with the urgency required to meet the moment we are in and to take advantage of the vast opportunity in front of us.
The Opportunity and Position Summary
Rewiring America is growing rapidly and building partnerships to drive market transformation is a top priority. We urge businesses and cities to do their part in electrifying everything, which includes electrifying their operations, educating their workforce, investing in initiatives that accelerate the transition to an electrified future and using their voices as civic leaders to make that transition a reality that policymakers, opinion leaders and consumers alike embrace.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and resourceful Program Manager to harness the power of community for collective action. This role will own all program management for our CEOs for Electrification and Mayors for Electrification coalitions. The program manager will translate the Rewiring America vision in day-to-day relationship management. The position reports to the organization’s Head of Engagement and Partnerships.
In this newly-created position, the Program Manager will be tasked with “out of the box thinking” in order to develop an industry-changing program strategy for CEOs and Mayors. They will be on the front lines of relationship management, and need to be clever about understanding coalition member goals, providing guidance, making connections, and deepening their engagement. This role will work closely across Rewiring America teams, including Content, Research, Policy, Communications and Product.
What You’ll do
Complete a variety of program management activities, including but not limited to:
- Act as the ongoing relationship manager for the CEO and Mayors for Electrification coalitions, developing an overarching relationship management model that ensures members feel connected to Rewiring America and have a place to go with ideas, opportunities and concerns
- Create action-oriented and engaging content strategy to establish our coalitions as places that deliver meaningful and distinguishing value to members
- Develop program-level presentations, reports and other interactive media tools that deliver value to and are utilized by coalition members
- Design, organize and manage all coalition-related programming, including webinars, workshops, roundtables and events
- Develop a “ladder of engagement” that enables coalition members to get more deeply involved with Rewiring America, with corresponding metrics for evaluating programming success
- Build connections and facilitate introductions among coalition members to drive collaborative action to accelerate electrification
- Build internal tools and processes for scaling relationship management, programming and communication
- Support the Outreach team in bringing on new members
- Work closely with Communications, Policy and Research teams to build the organizational programming calendar and strategy
Who You Are
The incoming Program Manager - Coalitions will have the following education, experience, knowledge, skills and ability:
- Strong commitment to the mission, policies and goals of Rewiring America.
- Proven leadership skills with clarity of vision and a commitment to the highest levels of integrity, quality, and collaboration.
- At least 5 years of increasing responsibility in Program Management and/or Partner Management, with a proven track record of accomplishments and impact.
- Strong intuition for all relevant digital mediums, and how to communicate on each.
- Experience in a fast-paced, scaling organization or company.
- Outstanding people and project management abilities to ensure that Rewiring America works in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and synergistic manner.
- Mastery of relationship-building skills with a wide range of diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Effective facilitation skills with the ability to bring diverse constituencies together
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a small and growing team with competing demands; able to execute on a high volume of activity and projects, with speed, excellence and humor.
- Sets and achieves high-performance expectations that are motivating and results-oriented.
- Seeks out and delivers timely and direct feedback that contributes to the ongoing development of oneself, team members, and a positive organizational culture.
- Promptly resolves problems through timely consultation in an environment of mutual respect.
- Highly collaborative work style with the ability to operate as a peer and thought partner to the CEO, other Leadership Team members, and advisors.
Commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Rewiring America values diversity in all its forms and is committed to inclusive and transparent recruitment, hiring and promotion processes. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rewiring America is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Windward Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward Fund ‘s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
The salary range for this position is $80,000-100,000 commensurate with experience. Rewiring America also offers a very generous and competitive benefits package, including includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Windward Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@windwardfund.org.