Executive Assistant to the Executive Leadership Team
Full-time; Remote; Non-exempt
How to apply
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Rewiring America EA”. This position is available immediately; Rewiring America will accept and review new applications until filled.
About Rewiring America
Rewiring America is a growing nonprofit working to launch a movement that electrifies everything, starting with our 121 million households. We are motivated by the fact that 90 percent of all emissions in the U.S. are energy related and 42 percent of those energy emissions come from the decisions we make in our homes: how we heat our air and water, cook our food, and dry our clothes, and what kind of cars we drive. Through accurate, accessible, and actionable data and storytelling tools that power smart, inclusive advocacy and market-transforming partnerships, Rewiring America aims to achieve national emissions goals, improve our health, lower monthly bills, and create millions of clean energy jobs. Our firm belief is that the electrification of the economy -- starting with understanding the American household as the keystone of our infrastructure -- is the most equity-centered way to address the climate crisis. We are focused on transforming the market, with the urgency required to meet the moment we are in and to take advantage of the vast opportunity in front of us. Rewiring America values diversity in all its forms and is committed to inclusive and transparent recruitment, hiring and promotion processes. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Opportunity and Position Summary
Rewiring America’s (RA) Executive Assistant will provide scheduling support to the Executive leadership team and ad-hoc administrative projects for RA’s CEO and the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
The Executive Assistant will have the unique opportunity to interact with a variety of corporate, nonprofit, and foundation partners, as well as policymakers and donors. This is an ideal position for a professional with previous scheduling experience supporting multiple people across different time zones and in a fast-paced, startup or non-profit environment.
Position has room for growth.
Executive Assistant will be an employee of Windward Fund and entitled to benefits offered by Windward Fund. All employees need to submit timesheets.
What You'll Do
Complete a variety of administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Manage calendars for a fast-paced Executive leadership team, responding to incoming internal and external requests across different time zones with urgency and accuracy and an awareness of how best to prioritize scheduling needs
- Prepare and submit expense reports via Concur
- Collaborate and build relationships internally and externally, including communicating effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Provide operations support, including but not limited to assisting with updating the CRM and Dropbox file management
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 5+ years of experience in a professional office environment
- Comfort and ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to all levels of staff, business partners and donors
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations with poise, tact and diplomacy
- Solid organizational and critical thinking skills, with ability to multi-task and make changes quickly and efficiently
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fluid environment
- Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and manage changing priorities
- Remote work experience
- Comfortable working with Google Workspace
Rewiring America is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Windward is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-70,000, commensurate with experience.