Fulltime; Remote; Exempt
How to apply
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: "Rewiring America Content Lead".
This position is available immediately; Rewiring America will accept and review new applications until filled.
About Rewiring America
Rewiring America is a growing nonprofit working to launch a movement that electrifies everything, starting with our 121 million households. We are motivated by the fact that 90 percent of all emissions in the U.S. are energy related and 42 percent of those energy emissions come from the decisions we make in our homes: how we heat our air and water, cook our food, and dry our clothes, and what kind of cars we drive. Through accurate, accessible, and actionable data and storytelling tools that power smart, inclusive advocacy and market-transforming partnerships, Rewiring America aims to achieve national emissions goals, improve our health, lower monthly bills, and create millions of clean energy jobs. Our firm belief is that the electrification of the economy -- starting with understanding the American household as the keystone of our infrastructure -- is the most equity-centered way to address the climate crisis. We are focused on transforming the market, with the urgency required to meet the moment we are in and to take advantage of the vast opportunity in front of us.
The Opportunity and Position Summary
Rewiring America is growing rapidly and building partnerships to drive market transformation is a top priority. We urge businesses and cities to do their part in electrifying everything, which includes electrifying their operations, educating their workforce, investing in initiatives that accelerate the transition to an electrified future and using their voices as civic leaders to make that transition a reality that policymakers, opinion leaders and consumers alike embrace.
That’s where you come in. We are seeking a passionate and resourceful Content Lead to act as the driving force in translating data, policy and big ideas to Rewiring America’s vast constituents. We are actively expanding our reach within the private and public sectors, which is accelerating demand for engaging and action-oriented content.
The newly-created Content Lead position will be responsible for partnering with many teams across the organization to create visual and written content for our policy initiatives, website, email marketing campaigns, social media followers and coalitions (CEOs for Electrification and Mayors for Electrification). The ideal candidate will have an intuition for content that draws in an audience, while simultaneously achieving measurable business goals. They will be detail oriented and most importantly will embrace the power of humor and humility, which are core to Rewiring America’s brand ethos. This position reports to the Head of Engagement and Partnerships, and will work closely with all teams across the organization.
What You’ll do
Complete a variety of program management activities, including but not limited to:
- Translate the organization’s values, vision, and mission into a best-in-class content strategy that amplifies our voice and deepens user engagement
- Maintain and execute against a dynamic content and programming calendar that serves multiple teams within the organization
- Own copywriting for website, op-eds, LTEs, email, social media and other partnership-related marketing materials
- Maintain a consistent brand voice and aesthetic across all channels and publications
- Use content management systems to evaluate and act on user and engagement metrics
- Optimize content for SEO
- Manage team of content contributors, including copywriters, graphic designers, and videographers
- Stay current on climate and market trends in order to generate new ideas and drive innovation
Who You Are
The incoming Content Lead will have the following education, experience, knowledge, skills and ability:
- Strong commitment to the mission, policies and goals of Rewiring America.
- At least 5 years of increasing responsibility in writing and content creation, either at an agency or in house.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and online publishing.
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic tools and metrics.
- Experience managing social media and email marketing content.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Detail-oriented work style.
- Experience in a fast-paced, scaling organization or company.
- Outstanding project management abilities to ensure that Rewiring America works in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and synergistic manner.
- Ability to collaborate with a small and growing team with competing demands; able to execute on a high volume of activity and projects, with speed, excellence and humor.
- Sets and achieves high-performance expectations that are motivating and results-oriented.
- Seeks out and delivers timely and direct feedback that contributes to the ongoing development of oneself, team members, and a positive organizational culture.
- Promptly resolves problems through timely consultation in an environment of mutual respect.
Commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Rewiring America values diversity in all its forms and is committed to inclusive and transparent recruitment, hiring and promotion processes. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rewiring America is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Windward Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward Fund ‘s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
The salary range for this position is $80,000-100,000 commensurate with experience. Rewiring America also offers a very generous and competitive benefits package, including includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Windward Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@windwardfund.org.